Feuilles de pin de Wollemi (Wollemia nobilis) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Hello bloggers, or should I say boogers, Ivan here.
We went for a walk in the bush this morning and I took some pictures to show you what it is like in the world!
Have you every wondered what the difference is when people say, ‘this is a ‘softwood’ or ‘hardwood’?
It is a classification of trees into two broad groups- it gets confusing because a ‘softwood’ is a PINE tree, or nettle leafed tree, and the timber from a PINE tree is usually soft too- but not always.
They are an ancient coniferfious plant (another way to say PINE tree)- the key difference being the leaves of a ‘softwood’ or PINE- are nettles. This type of tree is ancient- in the case of the wollemi pine, this tree is genetically identical to fossils found and dated to 250 million years old- now thats old. Pine trees are the great survivors of our world! What were you doing 250 Million years ago? I was stardust and a twinkle in an apes eye.
regards Ivan: Kirton Fine Parquetry
- Thoughts on White Pines and other plants… (goingtoseedinzone5.wordpress.com)
- We have trees!! (lobotomyplease.com)
Hello again bloggers, Its Ivan here. Have you ever wondered when its all going to end? I do, because I work in my own business, HE HE. I recently saw the movie oblivion, and it raised some interesting questions about the fate of mankind. But seriously folks, In this video I attempt to iron out some questions you may have surrounding the issue of forest depletion, and what to do about it. Until Next time, Ivan
Kirton fine Parquetry
Do you wish you had a wooden floor, but you have never had the will or fortitude to go ahead and get one? Well this blog is for you my friend!
I’ll give you ten life saving reasons to resolve your issues RE timber floor disphobia.
- Do you wake up at night screaming for a wood floor? Then a wood floor is for you! Go to it and you will be free.
- Do you fear carpet? Then install a wooden floor- an easy answer to a difficult mental situation.
- Do you loathe the feel of tiles? Yes Yes Yes!! I hate tiles too- should we be friends?-NO.
- Do you exhale, and make a whistling sound through your nose that sounds like the word ‘wooden’? Follow the sound.
- When eating a banana do you make an annoying sound when chewing? You wont make that sound anymore with timber floors.
- Do you find in public, everyone you stare at is picking their nose? Well the timber floor will look so nice, you’ll want to stay at home most of the time-Problem solved.
- Do you look at a tree and think, Id like to mill you? Well leave it to the experts, but yes its a good idea.
- Do trees make you nervous and fear for your safety? Cut them down and use them for flooring
- Why does the dodo scare you? Dont worry, its extinct it cant hurt you anymore.
- Is the only thing in your life facebook? GET A FLOOR made of WOOD and you might make real friends.